Friday, May 18, 2018

Updates

Big news... I finished the first round of edits last night.  Okay, so maybe not that big of news, but it's big to me.  I finished it, then emailed the manuscript to my Kindle so I can start round two today.  Round two will be more intensive and nitpicky.  Round one was basically devoted to fixing some gaping plot holes.

Right now, Sleeping Ugly is weighing in at 53K.  I should add at least 10K during the editing, so it'll be about the same size as several of my other books.

June will be devoted to writing the first draft of the next book.  Sort of a NaNoWriMo in June.  Still not sure what trouble Ms. Jeni Braxxon is going to get into there, but I'll figure it out along the way.

July will be more editing for SU and for book 2.  August is still slated for release month, but I'll be working on SU#2, as well, so maybe I can start the editorial process with that one in September for a November release.  :fingers crossed:  And somewhere in there, I need to do SU#3. 

Which would push Unequal into sometime in 2019.

:collapses:

As long as nothing jumps up to slap me in the face, this should be doable.  I might be a total basketcase by the time I'm done, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.

In other news, I'm having a sale on Wish in One Hand starting next week.  It'll be 99c/.99p from the 22nd through the 29th.  The other three books aren't going on sale, but they're only $2.99 each, so not a bank-breaker.  You can get the whole series of four books for under $10.  Feel free to spread the word.

That's it for me.  Any questions?

1 comment:

  1. Well, good on you! I refuse to look at the white board with my publishing deadlines. I hyperventilate whenever I do. I really need to get off Bing Fun (mind-numbing games) and work. Right after one more game...

    ReplyDelete