Monday, March 19, 2018

Shaking Things Up A Bit

I'm in the process of making a couple changes.  Yeah, yeah, I don't like change either, but sometimes we have to change things or they die.  In order to keep that from happening, I am doing two things:

1)  I changed the cover for Blink of an I again.  And this time it's more than just a color change.  I redid the whole damn thing, in hopes it will be more 'dystopian novel' than 'non-fiction, possibly textbook'.  It's still indigo.  It's just... well... here, you look at it...

I'm pretty proud of it, so if you don't like it, keep it to yourself, eh?  Still not sure if it's right, per se, but it's closer to right than the last one.  Anyway, that's Mary and in the background, the steps to Russell's shop.  I was gonna do a bridge, but I couldn't make it work right.  :shrug:

2)  I'm renaming Blood Flow.  When everything is said and done, it will be Project Hermes.  Just a new name.  The text inside, the cover (for the most part)... everything else will be the same.  The change should be pretty easy with Amazon.  With Createspace?  Well, I've read that it's a pain in the buns, but I think the re-titling is necessary to shift readers' minds to thinking this is what it is - a political / medical suspense, so there ya are. 


I've been dragging my feet on the renaming thing for like two years now.  Seriously.  I had the name picked out when I shifted the original cover to it's current incarnation, I just didn't have the cajones to make the switch.  I grew a set and got over it.

Fingers crossed both of these changes will lead to better sales.  Can't hurt, eh?

Speaking of sales, Accidental Death and Natural Causes.   Since AD is free and NC is 99c, you could get both.  Jus' sayin'.

5 comments:

  1. I like the changes!

    I've been hearing good things about CreateSpace's customer service these days (despite the turmoil/layoffs there). But my understanding is that you have to leave a message and your call is returned the next day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth!

      I read that you have to start a new book in Createspace because the ISBN goes with the previous title, so I'm working on a new book with 'previously published as Blood Flow' in the subtitle section. Then I'm supposed to remove the original book from publication or something, which I might have to contact Createspace about. We'll see how everything goes and then I'll post about it.

      Delete
    2. I would definitely give CS a call to get them to wipe the first edition. And it's worth calling Amazon, too, to see if you can get those reviews from the previous title shifted to the new book (you're probably already doing this).

      Delete
  2. I like the new cover and title too. Good luck with Createspace. I've never had to deal with their customer service, and I don't know enough about copyright law to know whether you have to change ISBN numbers with a title change or not. You might check the FAQ page at the US Copyright office to see if they have an answer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new cover! And Project Hermes will be easier to find than BloodFlow. I had to hunt hard to find that title, way back when.

    Seems like I was forced to create a new book and retire the old one. (Memory is shot.) But I don't recall a big hassle, just minor irritation. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete