Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Crime in the News - Deadly Duo

Recently, a couple went on a killing spree.  I've seen them referred to as serial killers and I've seen them compared to Bonnie and Clyde.  And, for once, I agree.  They're criminals just like that famous couple.  Period.  Romanticizing thieves and murderers ain't my bag.  Even if they are in their own twisted romantic relationship. 

Anyway, they finally caught the duo.  She came out when the police told them to come out and then everyone heard the single shot of him killing himself.  One less asshole living on the taxpayers' dime, if you ask me. 

Oh, sure, I'd like to see people like that get the justice they deserve at the hands of the courts, but then again, that shit costs a lot of money, so if they choose to take the more cost-effective way out, I can live with it.

Not quite sure what's going to happen with her.  Likely, she'll say he did it all and she was a helpless dupe.  I hope they have evidence to the contrary - if, in fact, she wasn't a dupe.  I've seen too many instances where I thought it was pretty clear the woman was involved, or even the mastermind, but she got off on the 'he made me do it' defense.  Umm, yah.

Despite all the progress we've made in women's equality, there are still a lot of people who think a woman couldn't possibly do all the bad things.  :shrug:  I suggest those people read Kipling.



No comments:

Post a Comment