Monday, January 4, 2016

Looking Back at 2015

Friday, I said I'd do a 'looking back' post here today.  Then it occurred to me I already did something sorta like that back in November when it had been a year since I started this self-publishing journey. 

Not a whole lot has changed since that post.  I have sold over 1000 books, which became my year-end goal, I guess. 

I know one thing for sure. I learned a LOT in 2015.  For instance:

1) Research everything.
2) Research everyone who's going to touch any part of your book as thoroughly as you would research the backgrounds of anyone who might watch your children or your pets. 
3) Friends are awesome.
4) Readers are awesome.  Even better when readers become friends.
5) Scary things are hardly ever as dire as they seem. After you conquer them, they're downright fluffy.
6) It's better to admit when something isn't working than to stick it out to the end. Even if it means pissing people off.  (Learned that one the hard way.)
7) There's no shame in asking for help. (Already knew this, but this year has been a big reminder.)


And I have a lot left to learn. 

I'm still in this for the long haul.  The budget might be a little tighter this year unless sales pick up, but I've trimmed some fat, so everything should still be okay.  In case you missed it, here's what's ahead for 2016.

What did you learn in 2015?  Ready to take 2016 by storm? 

Cool. Let's go kick some ass.

3 comments:

  1. That list is a good reminder for all of us, no matter what we're doing. As for taking 2016 by storm, the cold I caught from LG has me wanting to curl up in bed and sleep. Ugh. Still, I have goals to reach so here I am at the computer. Late, but here. I'll hold you're water bottle while you kick some ass. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list!

    But I think I caught Silver's cold. I can barely see the screen anymore, so it might be time for bed.

    I'll take 2016 by storm tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete