Wednesday, December 16, 2015

One Track Mind

Yeah, I know when people say someone has a 'one track mind', they usually mean the person is thinking about sex.  That ain't this. 

I have a one track mind right now.  It's books.  All books all the time.  Writing, editing, cover art, marketing.  It probably makes me pretty boring to some.  But I can't help it.  I don't really do anything else.  Unless you want to hear about my trip to the grocery store or what I saw in the woods today.  I'd talk about what I'm reading, but right now, I'm reading my own book because I'm editing. 

Yeah, 'cleat-covered shoes' ain't really a thing.

But you see, to me, all of this is interesting and exciting.  I sat down with my Kindle last night.  And a notebook.  And a red pen.  I dove into Fertile Ground.  And I saw how much I I believe in this book and, while it needs work, I can make this something awesome.  I'm 16% in and I have three pages worth of notes - tweaks and fixes and plot holes to fill and things that need clarification.  But it's GOOD stuff.  Meanwhile, In Deep Wish is with the editor and I got another view of my cover this morning.  (SQUEE!) 

I guess what it boils down to is this: I have a one track mind.  It's books.  Which, for my readers, is a good thing because it means they'll have more books to read as quickly as I (and my budget) can get them out.  For everyone else?  I'll try to come up for air every once in a while and have something else to talk about.  But I can't promise anything.  ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your books! I can't wait to see the new cover.

    I have a one-track mind for mine, too. Hard to concentrate on anything else these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with books? Writing them. Reading them. Talking about them. Talking about the process, marketing, editing, covering, revising, creating... I could wax eloquent but I've been out with the stupid people trying to do some Christmas shopping. I need coffee. And quiet. Then I'm going to write a little, edit a little, read a little...

    Ahhhh, books!

    ReplyDelete