Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Stuff and a Series Recommendation

Hey all!

It's Monday and I'm guessing since I didn't put a line in here about who won the contest, I haven't had enough coffee to think properly yet.  I'll draw a name shortly and post it at the bottom of this post as an ETA (Edited To Add).  Thanks to all y'all who signed up for my newsletter.  I expect to have a maiden flight around the first of May - when I'll have a better idea of a release date for Accidental Death.  You'll hear it there first, so sign up now.

Speaking of Accidental Death, I'm in edit mode.  In fact, I'm taking a break from the laborious, but oh-so necessary task of finding every instance of the word 'just', determining whether it is necessary where it is, and replacing it or deleting it when it isn't.  I should've done that before I sent it to the editor, but I forgot.  Derp.

Of course, being in edit mode means I'm out of interesting things to say about me, so you get to hear about another series I think deserves some attention. 

Way back when, and don't ask me to go look it up now, I won a contest for the first four books in Debra Webb's Faces of Evil series.  She sent them to me signed and I loved every one of them.  That was about the time that her publisher decided they'd published enough of those, thank you very much, and Ms. Webb was on her own to finish out the series.  Well, she did it.  And I bought every single one of the rest of the series in paperback.  They do look so lovely on my shelves all cuddled up next to each other.

They're about this disgraced FBI profiler who goes back to her hometown and gets embroiled in a serial murder.  Meanwhile, the serial killer who made her look like shit with the FBI is still stalking her, and he has evil minions willing to kill for him, and... OMG, the tension over the course of the series is delicious.  Add in the fact that her old boyfriend is the chief of police and he still loves her, but there's all this tension, and yes, folks, we have a winner!

Now, I don't know why the publisher decided to stop publishing this series.  It irritated the crap out of me as a reader because I wanted... no, I NEEDED to know what happened, dammit.  Thank goodness, Ms. Webb decided to help her readers out and find a way to publish the rest.  Hallelujah!  Now the series is finished and I got the HEA I was after, plus the justice I desire, and some good old-fashioned suspense along the way.  Totally yummy.

So, if you're looking for a series with a few ongoing plot lines and story ARCs - like one big long book, only not as heavy - check out The Faces of Evil.  I had to wait for each book to come out, but lucky you, they're all out now, so no waiting. (I hate waiting, but this series was worth it.)

ETA:  Okay, I'm up and even if the coffee isn't quite enough yet this morning, I drew a name.  The winner is Deb Salisbury!  Shoot me an email, Deb, and let me know how you want it signed (to you, to someone else, etc.), and give me your address.  I'll get that out in the mail sometime this week.  Congratulations!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Deb! Thanks for being so supportive. =o)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Deb! DYING EMBERS is AWESOME! So is the Faces of Evil series. I love that it's set in Birmingham, Alabama. Unique setting and Jess is a wonderfully flawed heroine. And Dan. Oh, DAN! ;) They're past is so sticky and the cases forcing them together are so...yeah. Makes me have a happy!

    Now get to work on those edits, B.E. I've got to get off the net and get to work, too. Dang insomnia. Kept me up all night and I finally fell asleep as the sun was about to come up. Now I'm a half-day behind. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb did an awesome job with Faces of Evil, Silver.

      I got to work on Monday. Yesterday was a wash. Today? We'll see. Sorry about your insomnia. That totally blows. I hope you got some rest since then. :hugs:

      Delete