Wednesday, December 24, 2014

No Wicked on Christmas Eve

There's enough wicked in the world right now, so I thought I'd give it a rest for today.  After all, it's Christmas Eve - when everything should be about peace and joy and love and junk. 

Here at Sanderson, Inc., we're having a laid back holiday - like usual.  I finished this round of edits on Dying Embers last night and will be sending them off to the editor this morning, so I won't be working on THAT for a bit.  I might actually write some stuff.  Or I might get back to editing another book so that it'll be ready to send to the editor when I'm at the jumping off point for publication of a second book. 

Hubs is quietly working on his computer.  Today he might start cleaning the new car.  (It came with about a pound of dog hair in the back seat and something gooey in the ashtray.)  Or he might just relax.  Whatever he wants to do.

Today, I might read. 

Tomorrow, I have a ham to bake.  Everything else is either pre-made or quickie-cook.  I even bought cheesecake for dessert (because I am feeling just that lazy). 

What's on your agenda for today?  Are you busy-busy, or is today a day of rest before the big event? 

And if I don't see you tomorrow, have a joyous day - whether you celebrate a holiday or not.  :hugs:

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, B.E. :) First, a quick 'yay' for Max and getting him to eat. Poor baby, but hopefully this will be exactly what he needs to feel better in the long term.

    Second, a huge 'yay' for getting those edits done on Dying Embers. You go, girl!!! Loved seeing the process the other week on your blog. A lot of work - now, a break...enjoy it!

    Busy around here - we're hosting Christmas dinner so there's been baking (which I usually don't do because, well, we eat it) and decorating (which we usually do, but I decided to go all out and broke out the sewing machine to make individual Christmas napkins for the table - yeah, full of crazy ideas)! Then there's been the long list of social gatherings - 9 in the past 3 weeks!! I believe this weekend will be my 'break'...I plan to do nothing (fingers crossed) the entire time!!!

    So, again, Happy Christmas to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, B.E., and a joyous New Year to you and yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete