Monday, December 29, 2014

Distractions

If you follow my other blog - The Writing Spectacle - you already know what's going on with me lately.  And from all appearances I am a busy dudette. 

The only thing I know is that I run in spurts.  I was kinda busy.  And then, after my edits were sent, I totally lazed out.  Of course, it doesn't help that I'm easily distracted. I took Christmas Eve off on purpose.  Then Christmas was a big distraction.  And that's okay.  It's a freakin' holiday.  But then I frittered away Friday doing woods work.  Then Saturday, I read all day.  And yesterday, I read some more while watching the Harry Potter marathon.  (Started reading Sorcerer's Stone again in the midst of that... cuz Potter.)

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is even the seemingly busiest of us can get distracted.  I'll get back to work today.  Promise.

What kinds of things distract you?  How do you get back on track?

3 comments:

  1. Easily distracted? Ooh! Squirrel!!!!1

    What, what was the question? Yeah...This is back to work week for me, too. I'm finally feeling semi-normal though I'm still low on energy. Can't put off stuff any longer though. I have stuffs to do!

    I'm cracking the whip for both of us, B.E.! Get to work! (Me, too... :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet distracts me. I should turn it off, but can't seem to do that. Okay. Going to work now. Honest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distractions? What are those? (Yes, kitty, I'll fetch your throw-toy.) Now, where was I?

    I've been musing over rereading Harry Potter, too. Not sure I'm up to the distraction, now that I'm finally writing again. :-)

    ReplyDelete